Tours designed and leadered by our Experts
Immersive week ends to discover your passion
One day special moments within your passion
Hands-on: explore your passion with the artisans
MILAN – THE NEW SKYLINE
at Best Western Plus Hotel Galles
Package for 2 people with Monica Torri
There are very few places that offer a full view of the new skyline of the city. The terrace of the Galles Hotel is perfect to admire the city from above. Our expert will guide you through the history of architecture and the passion for Milan to reach new highs. From Torre Velasca, a skyscraper build in 1950, to the contemporary ones that are still being built in the Porta Garibaldi area it is a unique occasion to learn about the city and its relations to national and international experts: the masters of the Duomo, Gian Luigi Banfi, Lodovico Barbiano di Belgiojoso, Enrico Peressutti, Ernesto Nathan Rogers, Giò Ponti Pelli Clarke, Stefano Boeri, Zaha Hadid and many others worked to build the vibrant city of Milan.
This experience is conducted in full respect of the Covid rules on a top floor terrace.
What you will learn
- The shape of the city, its history throughout the centuries
- The passion of the city for heights, from the Duomo to the first skyscrapers
- The domes, the iconic buildings and the green parks
- The Central Station, to understand how the city changed during centuries.
- The Pirelli Building, the new tower of Porta Nuova and Citylife
- 1.5 h architecture lesson
- access to the Wellness Centre (SPA, indoor swimming pool, gym – timeslot reservation according to availabilities)
- Day use or Overnight at the Hotel as from customer choice (prices above)
Possibility to book (not included)
Dinner at the Hotel restaurant La Terrazza Restaurant
Aperitive or Dinner served on the panoramic Terrace (up to a maximum of 8 people)
Massages at the Hotel Wellness Centre
Please note that all services will be confirmed upon weather conditions. If necessary, it will be posponed following hotel availiabilty and customer preferences.
Starting from 269€
Day Use (6 hrs) – Classic Double Room with Breakfast
Starting from 299€
Overnight -Classic Double Room with Breakfast
Monica Torri is an architect, art historian and professional guide. She is the author of numerous books on history and itineraries around Milan and the Lombardia Region for Mondadori and other editors. She coordinated destination projects for various organisation such us the Milan Province. Her real passion is to guide curious visitors to discover the hidden jems around Milan with particular focus on architecture and the industrial heritage.